Most helpful customer reviews
5 of 5 people found the following review helpful.
By NR Nightfox
Bought this for my hubby. He has a small frame so he personally thinks it makes the strap too bulky so I have since put it onto a messenger bag that sadly came without any padding and I think it's amazing. It is super comfy and can handle a heavy weights.
Velcro adhesive is strong (hence why it was still attached to the bag in the photo. It's a pain in the butt to remove)
Large (approx 10-12 inches long) which could be a pro depending on your size
2 of 2 people found the following review helpful.
Sturdy and Comfortable, though a bit Rigid.
I was looking for a shoulder strap to attach to a heavy cross-body bag. I know the description is for a guitar strap, but a couple of reviewers mentioned it's great for bags as well. It looked comfortable. That's why I bought it.
- The strap does provide better comfort for an otherwise uncomfortable bag strap.
- It's easy to put it on any strap thanks to the ability to open the flap at the top and secure it.
- It seems very sturdy and well-made. Looks like it will last a long time.
- This shoulder pad is surprisingly heavy.
- Due to the material that helps it attach to a strap, it can make some noise as you move. It is most noticeable in a quiet room. It's not a deal-breaker, I was just surprised to hear it making noise.
- It is not the most flexible shoulder pad I've ever experienced. It can be a bit stiff.
OVERALL - I would recommend it for heavier bags, but I think I need to use it cross-shoulder more to recommend it for that purpose. I think the shoulder strap could have been a little more flexible to form to the area between the neck and shoulder, but if you use it just over one shoulder, it should be fine.
2 of 2 people found the following review helpful. See all 251 customer reviews...
Good pad for shoulder bags/carry-on luggage
One of those items that look at least as good as you expected when you open it up. Classy looking, it matches all my carry-on luggage straps, from Tumi to cotton duck. The gel pads allow the pad to "articulate" or bend easily so that you don't have a mass of heavy, unbendable gel in one place. The pads also decrease the weight that could be a problem with gel padding. The only criticism I have is that there is no non-slip surface, just a smooth fabric (exactly like a gel wrist pad for your mouse). So it is fine if you are wearing your strap cross-body but probably going to slide off if you are just wearing the strap on one shoulder. Can't wait to try this with an overloaded messenger bag!