Most helpful customer reviews
54 of 55 people found the following review helpful.
Ok for young beginner...with some limitations.
By The 'M' Family
We purchased this keyboard for our 7 year old son who will be starting piano lessons this week using the 'Simply Music' Beginner DVD piano instruction. As his familiarity of the piano and experience grows, we will probably upgrade to a better or real piano in the future as finances allow. However, after careful consideration we decided to buy this model because it would give him something decent to practice fingering methods, chords and melodies with.
* Affordable for a decent 61 Key Electronic Keyboard with the good Casio reputation.
* Comes with the optional A/C Power Adapter, but also takes 6 AAA batteries for portability.
* Not touch sensitive - which means that it makes the same sound no matter how soft or hard you press on the keys. For long term piano students, this will be something serious to consider. If this is an issue for you, you might want to consider the Casio CTK-3200 Model.
* Sounds like a Electronic Keyboard - I know, I know, that's because it IS an electronic keyboard... but after years of growing up with a real piano, nothing compares. =)
* Headphone Jack.
* Sustain Port - for adding an optional pedal.
* USB Port so that you can plug in your computers or mobile devices for playing along with your music;.
* Audio In Jack for MIDI output.
* Removable Wire Rack for Holding Sheet Music (this could be improved).
* Sheet Music Book to play along with the Programed Songs and Lessons.
Overall, we are happy with this purchase, but I have a feeling it's going to be a temporary (1-2 year) solution for our beginning piano needs... But that's ok, since we have more little ones who it can be passed on to. Hopefully it will last that long! :)
14 of 14 people found the following review helpful.
Best Christmas Ever!!
By Michelle McCready
My daughter had asked for a keyboard so extensively read reviews on both Yamaha & Casio. This went on for over a week! In the end I picked the CTK-2300 due to price, reviews, material included, and size! My daughter has had limited use of a piano before this, but has a program on here laptop that got her started. By 8 am Christmas morning she was playing Deck the Halls & Jingle Bells! She is musically inclined as a Violinist for 3 years, so this is just the next step for her in broadening her musical platform. Many people have wrote this is just a beginners product, but I beg to differ! I played for 6 years as a teen and this has everything anyone could need to keep up practicing their skills! Hope you enjoy it as must as we do!
14 of 15 people found the following review helpful. See all 49 customer reviews...
Love my piano
By Duane Johnson
My dad bought this piano for me. I enjoy playing it and it meets my expectation. I would recommend this to all my friends and family. It was not too expensive for my dad. While the price is low it is a big sacrifice for him. One day I will be a great pianist and make my dad proud of me.